Veneers – North Grafton, MA
Get the Smile of Your Dreams Today!
If you’re not proud of the way your smile looks, you’re not the only one. About one out of every four adults habitually hide their teeth when smiling or having their picture taken because they’re ashamed of their smiles’ appearance. If this sounds familiar, we’re here to tell you that you don’t need to suffer through having an imperfect grin. With veneers in North Grafton, our team at Theroux Dental Associates can help you attain your dream smile in as little as two appointments. Give us a call to get started on this minimally invasive, transformative treatment!
Why Choose Theroux Dental Associates for Veneers?
- Achieve a Picture-Perfect Smile in Just Two Appointments
- Fully Personalized Smile Makeovers
- Preview Your Results with Virtual Smile Design
What Are Veneers?
A veneer is a thin porcelain shell that is bonded to a tooth’s front surface to dramatically improve its shape, size, color, and proportion. Once they are in place, virtually any aesthetic flaw in your tooth instantly disappears. Because veneers are designed from impressions of your teeth, they will look effortlessly natural and beautiful.
Are Veneers Right for Me?
Are you dissatisfied with some aspect of the smile you see in the mirror? If so, then you might be a good candidate for veneers. They are versatile enough to correct several imperfections at once, such as:
- Stains or discoloration
- Chipped or cracked enamel
- Teeth that are short or abnormally shaped
- Minor gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked or rotated teeth
To find out whether veneers can help you, we recommend scheduling a consultation. After examining your smile, your cosmetic dentist in North Grafton can determine whether veneers are the best way for you to meet your smile goals.
The Process of Getting Veneers
After your consultation, we can schedule the first of your two veneers appointments. We will clean the affected teeth and then remove trace amounts of enamel from their surfaces. Although this permanently alters the tooth, it is necessary to create results that feel natural and sit flush against the line of the smile. Once your teeth have been prepped, we will capture impressions of your mouth.
The impressions are sent to an outside dental lab, where your veneers will be crafted with great skill and precision. Because this process can take a couple of weeks, we usually place temporary veneers to protect your teeth in the meantime. After your final veneers arrive at our office, you’ll return to have them cemented into place.
Benefits of Veneers
There are many reasons why we recommend veneers to our patients so often. Here are some of the numerous benefits they provide:
- Thanks to their versatility, veneers can transform smiles with a wide variety of imperfections.
- Veneers help you gain the confidence to smile brightly in front of others.
- Each veneer is custom-made to blend in with the rest of your smile.
- Porcelain is much more resistant to staining than tooth enamel.
- As long as you maintain good dental hygiene, your veneers can last up to 20 years!
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
You know you want to transform your smile by hiding its many imperfections, but do you know if veneers are the right cosmetic treatment for you? When it comes to these unique restorations, you get what you pay for, so finding a qualified professional to place them in a way that looks and feels natural is crucial. And because they are permanent, you need to be confident this is the decision you want to move forward with. While it may seem as if there are many components to consider when choosing this type of cosmetic solution, you’ll also need to think about the cost of veneers in North Grafton. Below you will find detailed information that will provide greater insight into the financial side of veneers and cosmetic dentistry. If you have any questions, we invite you to contact us to schedule an appointment.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
As you consider how you want to improve the look of your smile, you will discover there are many unique treatments available that all have the same purpose: to create a more pleasing aesthetic.
- Metal-Free Crowns: If severe decay or damage requires a tooth to be repaired, a metal-free crown will allow you to not only safeguard your weakened tooth but also enjoy a restoration that doesn’t use toxic mercury or noticeable silver or gold. Instead, these crowns blend in with your natural smile, so it’s nearly impossible for anyone to tell a difference between your real and artificial teeth. Depending on the number of crowns you need, this can be a costly treatment option and requires altering your weakened tooth.
- Veneers: Veneers are a great way to hide many imperfections. Receiving them is much less invasive than metal-free crowns because you get to keep more of your natural tooth structure. However, they are costlier than cosmetic dental bonding or teeth whitening, but veneers in North Grafton can last 10 years or longer with proper care.
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding: This method of cosmetic dentistry is ideal if you only have a few minor flaws that need to be addressed. Cosmetic dental bonding uses a malleable composite resin that is shaped and sculpted directly onto the tooth enamel, allowing for many of the most common imperfections to be concealed. It is quick to perform (only one appointment) and is a cost-effective solution for most patients.
- ZOOM! Teeth Whitening: Stains and discoloration can often make smiles look dull over time. However, with ZOOM! teeth whitening, we can blast away surface and deep-down discoloration, giving you a whiter, brighter smile in less time. Not to mention, it is extremely affordable when compared to other cosmetic treatments but more expensive than your regular drug store whitening kits.
- Gum Recontouring: Maybe it’s not your teeth that are the problem but instead, it’s your gums. With gum recontouring, we can remove excess tissue using a soft tissue laser, effectively reshaping your gum line to create a more pleasing aesthetic. The procedure takes little time and only one appointment, and your recovery is minimal. The results you’ll achieve will last a lifetime, but it is more expensive than other cosmetic treatments.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
One thing you will discover is that no matter which cosmetic solution you choose, it’s highly unlikely that your dental insurance company will cover the costs. Unless there is proof that your treatment is “medically necessary” (i.e., a metal-free crown to repair decayed tooth), you’ll likely need to look for alternative ways to pay for your treatment. Fortunately, at Theroux Dental Associates, our cosmetic dentist in North Grafton is pleased to work closely with CareCredit, which is a third-party financier that offers low and no interest payment plans to eligible individuals. When enrolling, you will determine which option you are eligible to receive. From there, you can determine how to best budget for your veneers.
If you have any questions, we invite you to contact us to schedule an appointment. Our team at Theroux Dental Associates is here to make sure you understand the cost and help you find affordable ways to pay for your treatment. In the end, you’ll not only be pleased with your results, but you’ll be happy with the investment you’ve made in your smile.
Reading through the above information can provide you with valuable insight into everything from the process of getting veneers in North Grafton to the benefits this cosmetic dentistry solution comes with. With that being said, it’s completely natural to still have a few questions on your mind. If you would prefer to speak directly with our team about them, don’t hesitate to schedule your initial consultation. If you would like to do a bit more research online before reaching out, however, then keep reading for the answers to a few frequently asked questions!
How Do I Care For My Veneers?
One major benefit of veneers is that they can last 15+ years with proper care. Fortunately, this task doesn’t involve specialty cleaners and cumbersome oral care; you can keep them in tip-top shape with the same best practices you implement to keep your natural teeth in pristine condition. To start, make sure to brush for two minutes at least twice a day, floss daily, and use mouthwash regularly. It is also a good idea to avoid poor dental habits, like smoking and using your teeth as tools. Last, but certainly not least, visit us every six months for a dental checkup and cleaning.
Will My Veneers Match My Other Teeth?
Veneers are an extremely versatile smile-enhancing solution that can be used to complete a smile makeover or to address one flawed tooth. If you are struggling with the ladder, then you may be wondering if your veneer will stick out like a sore thumb. The answer? Absolutely not! To ensure the final result is flawless, our team can take two routes. First, we can custom make the veneer to match your existing shade of enamel. Second, we can select a lighter shade and brighten your remaining teeth with a whitening treatment.
Does the Process of Getting Veneers Hurt?
One of the biggest reasons patients hesitate to commit to dental work is because they are fearful of the treatment hurting. Fortunately, a numbing agent is used during the procedure, which ensures you will experience little to no discomfort. Afterward, you may experience some soreness in your gums and jaw. Fortunately, this can be easily managed with a cold compress and OTC medication. In short, you shouldn’t let the fear of the procedure hurting stand in your way of achieving your dream smile!
Do I Have to Change My Diet with Veneers?
Like other restorations, veneers are custom-made from high-quality, extremely durable materials, which is why you don’t have to abide by a long list of dietary restrictions once they are in place. With that being said, sticking to soft foods following your procedure, like yogurt and applesauce, is beneficial. It is also a good idea to avoid items that can damage your new and improved smile, including caramel apples, pumpkin seeds, hard candy, and the like.
What Should I Do If One of My Veneers Comes Off?
Although rare, it is possible for one of your veneers to come off. If this happens to you, do your best not to panic. Instead, place the veneer in a plastic bag for safekeeping and contact our office right away. Do NOT use a household item, like crazy glue, to keep it in place. This can damage the veneer and wreak havoc on your oral health. Until your appointment, you may experience some sensitivity to hot and cold foods and beverages, so do your best to avoid those until we have a chance to repair your smile.