CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns – North Grafton, MA
Repair Your Smile in a Single Appointment
If you have ever received a crown in the past, you might remember a somewhat lengthy treatment process. Wouldn’t it be nice if it were possible to repair your smile in a single appointment? Thanks to CEREC technology, our team can do that! CEREC same-day dental crowns are fabricated right here in our North Grafton office, so there is no need for you to wait while we coordinate with a nearby laboratory. Would you like to learn more about CEREC? Read this page, and then give us a call when you are ready to book a consultation.
Why Choose Theroux Dental Associates for CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
- Efficient, High-Quality Care
- Multiple Payment Options
- Beautiful, Durable Results
What Are CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are designed to protect damaged or decayed teeth. They can also be used along with dental implants to replace lost teeth.
Traditionally, dental crowns are made in laboratories, which coordinate closely with dentists. Lab-made crowns are not bad, per say, but one common complaint about them is the fact that the treatment process can take a couple of weeks.
CEREC crowns are different. This technology uses an advanced digital scanner and sophisticated software to design all-porcelain crowns. Once the design is ready, an in-house milling unit fabricates the restoration. Therefore, the entire process is as efficient as possible. Often, it can be completed in a single day.
The Process of Getting a CEREC Same-Day Dental Crown
The CEREC process usually goes like this:
- First, we numb your mouth and prepare your tooth. This may involve removing some of its enamel so it will fit well beneath its restoration.
- Next, we use a digital scanner to capture a detailed impression of your mouth.
- Your dentist then uses state-of-the-art software to design your crown.
- The milling unit creates the crown out of top-quality dental porcelain. Its size, shape, and color should all be perfectly suited to your unique mouth.
- We verify that the crown meets our standards before we attach it to your tooth.
From beginning to end, the entire process may take a few hours.
Benefits of CEREC Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
CEREC crowns offer some noteworthy benefits:
- In all likelihood, you will have to make just one trip to our office instead of two.
- No temporary crown. Temporary crowns are not custom-made, so they can easily fall off.
- No manual impressions. The digital impression process is faster and easier than old-fashioned manual impressions.
- Beautiful results. Dental porcelain bears a strong resemblance to natural dental enamel. No one may ever know that you have a crown!
- Cost-effectiveness. CEREC crowns usually cost about the same amount as traditional crowns.
- Metal-free restorations. CEREC crowns are metal-free, so they are ideal for patients with metal allergies or sensitivities.
Understanding the Cost of CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns
You’re likely to have plenty of questions about the process of getting a CEREC crown – not the least of which is, “How much will my new restoration cost?” We know how important it is to have a firm idea of the price of any given dental treatment before you commit to it. As such, we’ll be sure to provide you with an estimate, and we can take the time to review your payment options with you so that you can be sure that your new crown won’t break the bank.
Factors That Affect the Cost of CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns
The cost of a CEREC crown can vary thanks to a number of factors. For one thing, there’s the extent of the damage to consider. Is there only one tooth that needs to be repaired? Or do you have multiple decayed or injured teeth? The amount you pay depends on how many crowns you will need to get.
On top of that, sometimes you may require a crown as a follow-up to a different procedure. For example, many people who have root canal treatment performed will need to have the treated tooth repaired with a crown. You will thus have to make room in your budget for any treatments related to your restoration.
And of course, the cost of a crown is influenced by the material that it is made from. With the CEREC system, we can give you a crown made entirely out of porcelain; our team will be happy to explain how this will affect the final price.
Does Dental Insurance Cover CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
Most dental insurance plans will pay at least part of the cost of a dental crown, and that includes same-day CEREC crowns. The specifics of your coverage can vary depending on what plan you have. Many insurance companies will pay around half of the total cost of a crown. Be sure to review your insurance plan so that you can confirm what coverage is available. You should also take note of anything else that could affect the amount you end up paying, such as your deductible for the year.
Options for Making CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns Affordable
Perhaps you don’t currently have dental insurance for one reason or another. Our team is willing to work with you to help you find other ways to make your CEREC crown as affordable as possible.
One option that is often worth considering is third-party financing through CareCredit. This option allows you to pick a financing plan, often with low or even no interest. Thanks to said plan, you will be able to pay for your treatment in installments, which can take a lot of stress out of the financial aspect of your care. Reach out to us if you would like more information about CareCredit and how it works.