Tooth Extractions – North Grafton, MA
No one likes the idea of having a tooth removed, but often, it’s the only way to protect a patient’s oral health if they have a tooth that is too damaged or decayed to be saved. The team at Theroux Dental Associates knows this type of procedure can be quite anxiety-inducing, which is why we do everything we can to make the process comfortable. We use a local anesthetic, offer sedation, and our team employs the latest techniques to make the entire experience virtually pain-free. If you or your child has a problem tooth that might need to go, give us a call today—we’ll surprise you with how easy tooth extractions in our North Grafton, MA can be.
Why Choose Theroux Dental Associates for Tooth Extractions?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Patient Comfort Always Comes First
- New, State-of-the-Art Facility
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
- Infection: If an infection has already damaged most of a tooth and is threatening to spread to the surrounding teeth, we will likely recommend an extraction.
- Trauma: A tooth can be so broken or cracked that repairing it simply isn’t an option.
- Denture: We will extract any failing teeth before fitting a patient for a denture.
- Orthodontics: Removing a tooth can reduce overcrowding and give the rest of the teeth enough room to shift in response to orthodontic treatment.
How Tooth Extractions Work
Tooth extractions are only used as a last resort, so we will consider all other restorative options before suggesting removing your tooth. For the procedure itself, we will numb the tooth and the surrounding area, and then we will rock it back and forth using dental forceps. This will allow the tooth to painlessly slip out on its own. Thanks to the anesthetic, most patients don’t even realize their tooth is out until we tell them. We will then dress the area with gauze, and the mouth will need about a week (usually less) to heal.