Tooth-Colored Fillings – North Grafton, MA
About 96% of the population will develop a cavity at some point, and most of the time, the fastest and most effective way to repair it will involve placing a filling. For our patients, rather than giving them noticeable metal fillings, we can make cavities practically disappear using a tooth-colored alternative. Our fillings not only preserve the appearance of the smile, but they also do a better job of restoring the teeth compared to traditional metal ones, providing important peace of mind. If you have a cavity or an old filling that needs to be replaced, give us a call to get the most attractive and reliable solution available today - tooth-colored fillings in North Grafton, MA!
Why Choose Theroux Dental Associates for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- New, State-of-the-Art Dental Office
- Relaxing, Spa-Like Amenities
- Friendly, Experienced Team
The Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
For decades, fillings were made of a metallic mixture known as amalgam. While this makes them extremely strong, it also gives them a dark gray appearance that instantly sticks out whenever a person eats, speaks, or smiles. Thankfully, advancements in dental materials now allow us to use composite resin to fix minor cavities, which offers several benefits:
- Aesthetics: The resin comes in a wide variety of natural shades, meaning we can choose the one that blends seamlessly with a patient’s enamel. The end result is a restoration that completely disappears within the smile.
- Conservative: To place an amalgam filling, a small pocket has to be created in a tooth so it has a place to sit, as the metal doesn’t actually bond to the enamel. This means healthy enamel often has to be removed, effectively weakening the tooth. This is not necessary with tooth-colored fillings because the resin bonds directly to the enamel, allowing our team to better maintain a tooth’s natural strength.
- Sensitivity: Metal-fillings can make teeth extremely sensitive to hot or cold temperatures, but this isn’t a problem with tooth-colored fillings.
- Made to Last: In multiple studies, tooth-colored fillings have been shown to be just as durable as their metal counterparts, meaning patients don’t have to sacrifice quality just to get a more attractive-looking repair!
The Tooth-Colored Filling Procedure
If we notice that you have a cavity during a checkup, we’ll schedule you to get a filling placed at a follow-up appointment. First, we’ll numb the tooth and the surrounding area, and then we’ll remove the decayed enamel.
We’ll then apply a slightly acidic solution to the newly created space to make the enamel rougher. This allows the resin to have a stronger hold. The resin, which will be in liquid form, will be placed into the tooth, and then it will be cured with a light.
Afterward, your dentist will gently reshape and polish the resin so that the filling looks natural and fits into your bite. At this point, you’re done! From beginning to end, the process usually takes about an hour. The tooth might feel a little sensitive afterward, but this should go away within a day or so.
Do You Need a Tooth-Colored Filling?
If you suspect that you have a cavity or an old metal filling that needs to be replaced, contact Theroux Dental Associates today. We can use tooth-colored fillings to make your dental issue practically disappear so the world will only see your beautiful smile.